The primary focus of Winterball is to introduce children to the fundamentals of baseball in a fun manner that is non-competitive and that provides a positive learning experience for all involved. Held indoors in your school's gymnasium this program is designed for students aged 6 to 12 (K - 6), Winterball progresses through activities set out in nine different lesson plans, taught in three sets to ensure students learn at an appropriate skill and ability level. All students following the teacher's lesson plans detailed in the Winterball program will exhibit proficiency in movement skills while gaining social skills by working and getting along with others. Best of all, the Winterball Program can be installed in any elementary school FREE of charge. Baseball Alberta will even come out to your school for the first day to launch the Winterball program to all classes.
- To promote an active and healthy lifestyle to children while encouraging them to participate in sport.
- Help increase participation in baseball locally, provincially and nationally by introducing the sport in a fun and exciting program.
- To teach the fundamentals of baseball while promoting a safe and non-competitive environment that provides children with a fun sport experience that is inclusive of everyone, regardless of gender or physical ability.
- To give students the opportunity of working in a teamwork setting, teaching them the importance of working together to achieve a common goal.
- To develop a program that helps students realize individual progress on a continual basis.
For more information or to request your Winterball Launch Day and FREE Winterball kit, please contact Sheen Bromley