We're Hiring: Programs Coordinator
PROGRAMS COORDINATOR - BASEBALL ALBERTA
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Baseball Alberta Programs Coordinator role is a comprehensive, multi-faceted role with broad responsibilities for baseball program administration and delivery in Alberta. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role will be based out of the Baseball Alberta Edmonton office working as part of a team of employees focused on serving the member Associations of the province in developing, administering, and growing the sport of baseball in Alberta. Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Staff Liaison of various Baseball Alberta committees relative to the portfolio
- Assist with the Development of feedback opportunities for all stakeholders
- Develop and Execute Baseball 5 programming in the Province with direction from Baseball Canada and Baseball Alberta Technical Director. Some travel may be required.
- Develop and Execute new initiatives from our Strategic Plan
- Select and support host sites for Baseball Alberta Provincial Championships and ensure that the event is successfully executed.
- Coordination of the Baseball Alberta AGM and Awards Banquet
- Prepare end of season reports and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Support the administration of specific Baseball Alberta programs working within a team of people responsible for these programs. These may include the Women's Baseball Program, the NCCP Coach Clinic program, the Rally Cap Program, and the Player Development Camp Programs as well as, other outreach programs that help develop the sport of baseball throughout the province.
- Assist in the coordination of National Championships. This includes working with Alberta hosts and other Provincial hosts to organize Team Alberta's participation.
- Coordinate Chef de Mission selection process including obtaining and reviewing applications, selecting candidates, and conducting Chef orientation.
- Assist in the development of the annual Baseball Alberta Handbook including compiling league information and creating content.
- Assist with the creation of the monthly newsletter
- Assist with social media posts
- Provide timely responses to telephone and email information requests to our members.
- Provide support to member Associations on the use of the online player registration system as well as manage and report on registration information.
- Book travel to support Team Alberta and Umpires participating in post-Provincial play.
- Actively participate in Baseball Alberta activities (Board Meetings/AGM).
- Identify key contacts and maintain effective relationships with the baseball community.
- Deliver mass email communications as necessary to inform our registered members about Baseball Alberta activities and programs.
- Assist with verification of team rosters
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management or related degree, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in Marketing would be considered an asset
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, not-for-profit workplace while working with an ever-changing group of key volunteer baseball organizers throughout Alberta.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders including Baseball Alberta operations staff, Baseball Alberta Board members, and member Association volunteers and staff, via written reports, formal and informal presentations, and day-to-day interactions.
- Demonstrated ability in sports program development, administration, and delivery.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple activities and programs at a time.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work well independently as well as in a team setting.
- Proficiency in Google Suite & Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is an absolute must. Experience with social media platforms would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person, 11759 Groat Road, Edmonton, AB. T5M 3K6
Application deadline: 2023-10-31
*Please provide a cover letter and resume when applying for this position